

This past weekend while we were snowed in Macalan "helped" me bake and decorate sugar cookies. I use the term helped loosely. He seems to think he's the next Top Chef, but he is mostly really good at making a bigger mess than what I anticipated. It is very cute though to see how excited he gets when he "helps." I don't know why he couldn't give me a normal smile, but every picture I have of him he is making some weird face! For anyone who might eat these cookies: yes he did frequently stick his fingers in the dough and frosting, but I promise I had a rag nearby to constantly clean his hands! :) Maybe we should keep these cookies for our family and make a different batch for others!
For anyone who thinks Sutton no longer exists: I purposely took pictures of him this weekend to prove his existence! Poor baby never gets in any of the pics because he is still so little he can't really help or do the things I am doing with Mac right now. Because we couldn't get outside I had the boys have a snowball fight with cotton balls. It was fun for about 2-3 minutes and then Sutton tried eating the cotton balls and Macalan just wanted to dance to Christmas music. I made sure to snap a picture of Sutton enjoying one of the cookies Macalan and I made. He wasted no time gobbling it up!
While I was making/feeding/cleaning the boys up from dinner tonight I couldn't help but think about the part in the movie A Christmas Story when the family is sitting down to eat. Ralphie says something along the lines of "My mom hadn't had a hot meal to herself in seven years." Every time I sat down to attempt to eat my dinner one of the boys would ask for something or squeal a demand! I cherish the nights when Kyle is home for the obvious reasons of having our family time, but more importantly so there is someone else to take orders from our little men! :) Just kidding Kyle, I really love having you home so we can spend time as a family.
We are trying to find the time to squeeze in all these fun holiday activities, as well as finish up a little shopping. I am looking forward to having some time off to relax and enjoy my boys!
I WILL POST PICS WITH THIS ENTRY SOON! BLOGGER WON'T LET ME UPLOAD RIGHT NOW. ANNOYING!

No comments:
Post a Comment